What is Cervical spondylitis?
Do you suffer from chronic neck pain? If yes, it is important to find out is it because of cervical spondylitis? In this blog post, we’ll discuss the symptoms of cervical spondylosis, how it’s diagnosed, possible complications of the condition, and homeopathic treatments for this condition.
Most of us have suffered from neck pain of various degrees in our life. Neck pain may originate from a variety of reasons like incorrect posture while using laptops or mobiles. Some sort of sprain or injury may also lead to neck pain. Chronic anxiety and depression can be one of the reasons for neck pain.
While we may have dealt with neck pain differently but if it becomes a chronic occurrence it needs to be evaluated. Chronic pain and stiffness in the neck, due to degenerative changes is on a rise and major cause is aging. This condition is also known as cervical osteoarthritis or neck arthritis.
Diagnosis, signs, and symptoms
- Cervical spondylitis is usually diagnosed clinically based on history and examination. Pain remains predominantly in the cervical region but can refer to shoulders, arms, etc. and is aggravated by neck movements.
- X-ray cervical spine confirms the diagnosis in most of the cases.
- MRI of the cervical spine is suggested if deeper pathology is suspected.
Common sign and symptoms include:
- Pain in the cervical region increased by movements
- Pain refers to occiput, to shoulder or arms
- Pain may refer to eyes and temples
- Neck stiffness
- In few cases numbness, tingling, or weakness in upper limbs is present
- Most of the times dizziness or vertigo is present
- Tenderness at the site
- Restriction of neck movements
Causes of Cervical Spondylitis
Aging is the major risk factor for cervical spondylitis. Other supportive causes are obesity and sedentary lifestyle. People in work related to heavy lifting and frequent bending and twisting are at more risk. Neck injury, arthritis, osteoporosis, and genetic factors also play an important role in the development of cervical spondylitis. Being overweight and inactive is another reason for getting cervical spondylitis. Previous neck trauma or injuries could also be a major cause of this.
Poor posture might also play a role in the development of spinal changes that result in cervical spondylosis.
You should see a doctor if you experience these additional symptoms:
- Numbness or weakness in the neck, shoulders, and/or arms
These symptoms might be a sign that your neck condition is more severe and requires medical attention.
Homeopathy treatment for Cervical Spondylitis
Homeopathy is one of the most effective mode of treatment for cervical spondylitis. Homeopathic treatment helps in significant pain relief with better mobility without any side effects.
Aging is a continuous process, homeopathic medicines help to reduce the inflammation and arrest the degenerative process to a certain extent. It works on increasing the immune strength of an individual.
If you or someone you love is suffering from this condition, get connected with the Mysimilia’s specialists Homeopaths, get FREE Online Consultation & the best homeopathic treatment for Cervical Spondylitis. Leave your query at https://mysimilia.com/ask-query or WhatsApp: +91 9930455062