Homeopathy and tennis elbow.
What is tennis elbow?
Maybe you’re a sports person playing tennis, and your elbow has been burning painfully with each swing you make while playing tennis. Maybe you’re not. Maybe you’re a non-athletic person diagnosed you with a tennis elbow, and you balked at the idea, because you are not a sportsperson and you have never picked a racket in your life. Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis (a bony bump on the outside of the elbow), is a common injury among athletes. Tennis elbow is referred to a condition where there is a pain around the outside part of the elbow. But you might be surprised to learn that it also occurs to those who have never played any sports. It is not a disease of tennis players only instead it may happen to anyone after strenuous overuse of the muscles and tendons of the forearm, near the elbow joint.
Homeopathy treatment for tennis elbow along with proper rest and physiotherapy is best suited for acute and chronic cases. Homeopathy has an advantage over painkillers as there are no side effects. Few chronic cases might require surgery depending upon the extent of the injury.
What are the symptoms of Tennis Elbow?
- A person suffering from tennis elbow has to deal with pain while using his/her elbows muscles. Typically gripping tasks or wrist/finger extension is difficult. Stretching of elbow muscles can also cause pain.
- Tenderness and mild swelling can be present on the injury site.
- Pain in the forearm
- In a few cases, symptoms of tingling and numbness are present as a sign of nerve irritation.
- Weakness and reduced grip strength
- Most of the other elbow movements are pain-free, despite that being the area of pain
Causes of Tennis Elbow
While exactly what causes tennis elbow is unclear, there are a number of risk factors, including:
- Most commonly tennis elbow results from damage to the muscle tissues at the point where it anchors the arm bone around the elbow.
- The injury may result from any one of the following:
- Repetitive movements as involved in painting, hammering or typing.
- Activities those involve gripping or wringing.
- Poor muscle strength.
- Improper technique while playing sports like tennis or cricket.
- Lifting weight more than muscle strength.
- In a few cases, some degenerative changes start happening which leads to chronic tennis elbow.
- Age – Most people who develop tennis elbow are between the ages of 30 and 50.
How is Tennis Elbow Diagnosed?
- An experienced doctor can diagnose or make a provisional diagnosis of tennis elbow based on the nature of injury or history provided by the patient. The doctor will ask you about your regular activities, and whether you engage in repetitive motion with the affected arm. He may also perform some clinical tests like asking the patients to do some rotatory movements.
- An X-ray may not be of diagnostic value.
- An ultrasound scan can be done to diagnose the condition.
- MRI is the best possible investigation to identify any tendon tears or inflammation.
What is the best Homeopathy treatment for Tennis Elbow?
- In acute as well as long-term management of tennis elbow, Homeopathy has proven efficacy without any side effects.
- Homeopathy helps in reducing pain and stiffness at the elbow.
- It is useful for tissue repair.
- Reduces restriction of movements.
- Strengthens the muscles around the elbow.
- Along with homeopathy physiotherapy has an important role to play in quick recovery.
1) Are tennis elbow braces useful?
ANS) Yes in many instances these are useful as they help in reducing further damage to the elbow. It may not be effective in all cases.
2) What is the prognosis of Tennis Elbow?
ANS) Acute tennis elbow pain may subside on its own but it may recur if left untreated. Homeopathy treatment is more effective in controlling the pain and avoiding the recurrence.
3)Where Can I Go For The Latest Tennis Elbow Treatments?
ANS) If you or someone you love is suffering from this condition, get connected with the Mysimilia’s specialists Homeopaths, get FREE Online Consultation & the best homeopathic treatment for Tennis Elbow. Leave your query at https://mysimilia.com/ask-query or WhatsApp: +91 9930455062